Monday, March 15, 2010

Profound Discharge #3 (Dan)

These are the things I think of when I'm drunk and on the can:

What if...

Mastodon are the new Metallica?
Lamb Of God the new Slayer?
Kings Of Leon the new Allman Brothers?
Jimmy Eat World the new Sunny Day Real Estate?
Muse the new Yes? (well nowadays they are)
Chevelle the new Helmet?
[insert indie band popular this month] the new Pavement?
[insert indie band popular this month] the new Wilco?
[insert indie band popular this month] the new My Morning Jacket?
[insert indie band popular this month] the new Talking Heads?
Dizzee Rascal the new Mos Def?
Pineapple Express the new Half Baked?
Wet Hot American Summer the new The Jerk?
Hot Rod the new Billy Madison?
Pirana 3-D the new Troll 2? (pfft- like that'll happen)
Pixar the new Pixar?
The Bourne series the new Die Hard?
[insert every other sci-fi movie from this decade] the new Blade Runner?
The Notebook the new Doctor Zhivago? (shut up- I love both of those movies)
Dave Chappelle's Killin' 'Em Softly the new Eddie Murphey: Delirious?
The Inbetweeners the new Freaks & Geeks? (yes, but it's British)
Glee the next...oh who the fuck am I kidding?

Let me know what you think. I gotta poop again.

-DH

1 comment:

  1. Firefly/Serenity trump Blade Runner so hard, Harrison Ford expels bum-fodder with the force of a megaton cannon amidst crying the lyrics to "I'm a little tea cup" nightly, just to ease the pain of how his flick was bested.

    ReplyDelete